Inspired by his period times in Darwin at the annual laksa festival, heres Hayden Quinns thick, creamy and super spicy bowl of coconut-chicken laksa.
The ingredient of Hayden Quinns coconut chicken laksa recipe
- 1 brown onion, going on for chopped
- 10 cloves garlic, almost chopped
- 5cm open turmeric, cut into disks
- 5cm ginger, cut into disks
- 10cm galangal, cut in disks
- 3 lemongrass stalks, trimmed, white ration only, chopped
- 5 whole dried chili, soaked in hot water
- 1 tbsp dried baby shrimp, soaked in hot water
- 8 candlenut
- 1 tbsp shrimp bonding agent
- 1 tbsp coriander, field
- 1/2 cup Cobram Estate, vivacious new virgin olive oil
- 1L chicken growth
- 2 (400ml) can coconut cream
- 1tsp white sugar
- 3 Lilydale clear Range chicken breast
- 100g Rice vermicelli, cooked as per packet instructions
- 200g hokkien noodles, cooked as per packet instructions
- 2 cups, bean sprout
- 180g tofu puffs, halved
- 180g fish cake, sliced
- 1 cup coriander, leaves only, chopped
- 4 soft boiled eggs, halved
- Crushed peanuts, to your liking
- Lime, juiced, to taste
- Fish sauce, to taste
- Chili oil, to taste
The instruction how to make Hayden Quinns coconut chicken laksa recipe
- To make the epoxy resin ensue oil and a little of the chili / shrimp steeping liquid into the bottom of a blender, increase be credited with unshakable bonding agent ingredients and mixture until smooth.
- In an extra-large pot, exceeding medium heat increase be credited with half the laksa paste. Cook paste for a minimum of 10mins, the longer you cook it, the more the flavours will develop. build up chicken stock, coconut cream and sugar. Cook simmering until the soup splits or cracks*, approx. 20mins.
- go to the chicken breast and poach on top of higher than a certainly low heat for 15mins until chicken is cooked. Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly at the forefront slicing into 0.5cm thick pieces.
- Finish the soup by adding bean sprouts, tofu puffs and fish cake to just warm through.
- bolster by portioning the two types of noodles into large bowls, topping considering soup, sliced chicken, tofu puffs, fish cake and your marginal of toppings, coriander, egg, peanuts, lime juice, fish sauce and / or chili oil, to taste.
Nutritions of Hayden Quinns coconut chicken laksa recipecalories: